You are here5 Pillars / Men's Issues
One of the major efforts of RMP is to build a community of practice around men's issues. We are committed to growing the body of knowledge that gives society more insight and perspective into the lives of men and boys. We believe that the social sciences can inform practice wisdom, where parents, professionals, and people who work with males can develop deeper knowledge and skills that allow them to be more effective working with men and boys. Therefore, at RMP will offer seminars and training institutes to encourage professionals to do state of the art research and analysis on issues that impact men and boys. We hope to change the very nature of the way men and boys are conceptualized toward a more integrative approach to gender.
- More men's studies courses taught at colleges and universities
- More integrated Gender Studies programs on colleges and universities
- Expanded definition of gender
- More research and funding of men's issues
- Increased understanding of the intersections of male issues